Thursday, June 23, 2011

J.K. Rowling Announces Pottermore {and the reason I have rainbows all over my house}


A week ago I started hearing a lot of BUZZ about a new website created by J.K. Rowling called "Pottermore."  I didn't want to get too excited until I knew WHAT the website was going to be but I can officially cry rainbows of happiness! (read on to find out why).
  Here is what some of the 'buzz" was saying,

"Potter" author J.K. Rowling has created Pottermore, a secret new website teasing a special announcement from the writer hitting in just a little less than a week. The title certainly implies that we're on the cusp of seeing "more 'Potter,'" but Entertainment Weekly reveals that the announcement is "not a new book." But a new movie, perhaps? Stay with us and we'll keep you posted as we learn more!"

There was a countdown on the website that continued to fill up with owls the closer it got to the announcement.  The only bread crumb fans had was a short YouTube clip from J.K. herself telling us to "Follow the Owls."
Watch the short video below to see the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
If your a fan like me, you will want to cry rainbows of happiness too!



I'm crying rainbows as you read...

I found these images on the 'Pottermore official facebook page' so I think they are legit.


The Pottermore site opens soon and, conveniently enough, the highly anticipated website for all muggles and wizards will open for registration for the first million fans on July 31st, Harry Potter's birthday.

So for now, all we can do is follow J.K's advice and  FOLLOW THE OWLS...
I hate waiting.

No comments: