Monday, May 26, 2008

USBORNE BOOK OF THE WEEK!

(This delightful series of board books is aimed at very young children. The bright pictures, with their patches of different textures, are designed to develop sensory and language awareness. Babies and toddlers will love turning the pages and touching the feely patches.)

DID YOU KNOW...
You should read to kids from infancy on up because it supports language development, listening skills, speaking skills and introduction to text. It also demonstrates to the child how to use a book. A baby may not understand what you’re reading, but the whole idea is about the relationship that’s established. It’s the cuddling time and hearing the parent’s voice – hearing the rhythm and rhyme of the voice, the touch and feel and smell of the book, the exploration of what a book is and the introduction of language. You should have developmentally appropriate books—soft, bright colored books that infants can grasp and chew on and Usborne's famous, "That's Not My.." series is perfect for infants and toddlers. They love the touch and feel on every page and the bright colors. http://www.hooked4books.com/

2 comments:

Payne Family said...

Kelly-
Regarding your poll on The Host, I have to tell you that it is awesome. I read it in 2 days! It is really, really good. I passed my copy along to Mindy to read. Let me know when your book club meets on this one so I can be sure to make it.
Jen

Logan Tanner said...

Kelly, not gonna lie here, I didn't even read your blog yet. I just wanted to let you know you need to cut and run with myspace and get with facebook. Yes, it sucks, I know. But everyone is doing it. I cant be having to go to the trouble of logging in to myspace every time I want live vicariously through you and your husband and pretend I'm in the Caribbean or something. Actually, I was watching So You Think You Can Dance (yes I noticed your post) and recognized a girl I knew from the HS days. So I cracked open my old yearbook and as I was flipping through, reading what people wrote in it, there you were, but as Rayburn obviously.
So get to it and man up to facebook Kelly!

Logan Tanner