Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn...Whow.

So, like many of you I waited anxiously (understatement) for Stephenie Meyer's 4th book in the Twilight series to come out so that I could rush to Costco to buy Breaking Dawn so I could run home to be able to settle in on my couch and live for just a few more beautiful moments in "Twilight Land!" I just finished the book, it's now 2:42 A.M. and I just don't know what I think about it! Is anyone else in the same furrowed brow state as I am or is it just me all by my lonesome who's a bit confused on their feelings for this book??? There were several parts in the book that I loved and actually giggled over but there were also parts in the book that I found myself saying out loud, "WHAT THE HECK?"
I'm just curious as to what you all are thinking about the Breaking Dawn...I just don't think I can wait untill book club in September to talk about this so please leave me a comment!!! {Please avoid spoilers for now. I wouldn't want to ruin anything for anyone, thank you} I'm still excited to go see the Twilight movie when it comes out in December! Anyone want to go see it with me?

4 comments:

Mindy said...

My Aunt Amy has a friend who is renting out an entire theater (meaning one screen) at Jordan Landing for the movie opening night and Dave and I plan on coming down to watch. If you and Jared, or just you, would like to join us let me know so I can reserve you a spot. Holy run-on sentences batman.

Destiny Rayburn said...

you know i'm down for seeing the movie and we'll see if he's true to his word but SHAY SAID HE'D WATCH IT! I just finished and have no clue what to think. It didn't leave me feeling complete. i'm not satisfied and i'm slightly irritated. but i totally loved it at the same time... the first is still my fav.

Angie said...

for those of you left feeling incomplete & longing for more: the reason stephenie has seemingly not wrapped up the twilight series @the end of breaking dawn, is that (& she has made this public information) she plans to veer off & continue with a series about Jacob; that will pick up where breaking dawn ends. Can't wait for it! I loved it--except for all the detailed blood, guts & broken spine (ick!).

Payne Family said...

I have to say I really liked the book. I am not so sure I want to see the movie based on the posters. "MY" Edward is soooo much better looking than the one they picked. It might ruin the whole thing for me. :) I will definitely try to be at book club for this one!!!
Jen