Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's FINALLY done!

I've been M.I.A in the blogging department as of late because I've been busy creating, revamping, photo-shopping and changing my mind again and again, while designing my Book Club's new look!
As a group, we voted and decided to rename our club, "DELICIOUS READS!"
HERE'S THE STORY...
When I originally set up my book club blog in 2008, I had to come up with the URL address to publish the blog so I didn't put much thought into the name I chose, "Book Klubbers," and told myself, "I'll change our address as soon as I get the blog set up..." That was three years ago.

So, I finally decided to asked my book club for help and soon after our renaming contest began!  After about 50 name submissions I whittled it down to my top favorite five choices and at our last book club we all voted.  Mandi's submission of "Delicious Reads" was the clear winner landing her a $25 gift certificate from me to Amazon as a "Thank You."

I think we all liked the name Delicious Reads because of how much we savor and pour over each book we read as if it were the most amazing chocolate cake!  I think it also has to do with the fact that we have seriously fabulous food EVERY MEETING which is half the reason everyone comes I'm sure! 
Each one of our meeting is its own "Book Party" where we dedicate the decor, menu, give-a-ways, games, and dress to the theme and feel of whatever book we are devouring at the moment.
And besides, reading really is delicious.


So, we have said our goodbyes to our old bookklubber name and embraced our new name and image of Delicious Reads!  If you are a follower of our blog or know of anyone who is then don't forget to save our new address which is http://www.deliciousreadsbookclub.blogspot.com/  to your favorites!
Happy Reading!
XoXo.
Kelly

No comments: