Saturday, November 14, 2009

Need A Christmas Gift Idea?

Rob Scotton is one of my FaVoRiTe Children's Authors and Illustrators who has a new book out that's perfect for a Christmas stocking stuffer! "Splat the Cat" is a delightful book that offers a feline so fuzzy and appealing that kids will want to reach out and touch the page! You know me, I love and adore children's books so I just thought I'd share a few of my favorite books in the weeks proceeding Christmas to give you a few ideas for you and your children to tell Santa about!

Here is a book synopsis of 'Merry Christmas Splat': "It's the night before Christmas, and Splat wonders if he's been a good enough cat this year to deserve a really big present. Just to make sure, he offers some last-minute help to his mom and, in typical Splat fashion, he messes up completely! That night Splat stays awake hoping to see Santa Claus. But when Splat misses him, he's sure his Christmas is ruined—along with his hopes for a really big present. . . . Everyone's favorite furry cat is back in a Christmas story."
{A couple of the images from Merry Christmas Splat}
What drew me to Rob Scotton's books in the first place was a book I walked past in Desseret Book last December called,"Russell's Christmas Magic!" I casually picked this book up and started flipped through 2 or 3 pages. I was instantly drawn into Scotton's illustrations and delightful story. Scotton has an incredible talent and flare for capturing the attention of Children and adults alike instantly! I hope you can enjoy some of Rob Scotton's magic yourself this Christmas!
Here is a quick synopsis of Russell's Christmas Magic: "When Santa and his broken sleigh are stranded in Firefly Wood, Santa is sure that Christmas will have to be canceled. That is, until Russell the Sheep comes to the rescue! With a clatter and a bang, Russell shows that hard work and a little imagination can make a magic that is all his own."
{A couple images from Russell's Christmas Magic}



No comments: