Monday, November 16, 2009

Stephenie Meyer Answers All!!

I'm admitting that I'm an official Twilight geek (I know many of you had your suspicions) by letting you know that I regularly (almost daily) check up on Stephenie Meyers website to see what she's up to and make sure I'm not missing out on anything new she's doing! (I told you, I'm a geek for a good book..and movie...and cute vampire!)
So, I just checked up her website today and was thrilled to see that Stephenie's posted several Q&A's for all us geeks to enjoy!!! The questions were so much fun to read and it helped answer several questions I had myself. Stephenie talks about anything and everything and it will get you in the mood to see New Moon this week! I posted a couple of my favorite Q&A's below.
Q: My question is, what lead you to the concept of IMPRINTING — in reference to the Wolf Packs future mates?

A: Imprinting was inspired by two different sources: ducklings and dragons. Imprinting actually exists in nature, but usually between parents and their offspring. I saw a nature documentary about ducklings imprinting on their moms and it always stuck with me. The other inspiration is Anne McCaffrey's dragon books (which, if you haven't read them, do so now! Start with Dragonflight). In her mythology, humans and dragons bond so tightly that if one of them dies, the other either suicides or goes mad. They love each other with an absolute and unreasoning love that never falters or changes. I was always captivated by this concept, and I wanted to explore that kind of life-changing and compulsory relationship.
Q: Are you writing any other books right now?

A: One of the weirdest things for me about success is how it sucks away your time. I'm successful because I write books, but that very success takes all my writing time! It's very frustrating. I'm just itching to get back into a fantasy world right now, but the real world won't let me. I thought this would be a writing year, but unless you count emails as writing, it didn't work out that way. I was able to do a few smaller things that will show up here and there—an extra chapter for the release of The Host in paperback, that kind of thing. I've really worked to clear my time, but that is a slow and ongoing process. Of course, another aspect is that I am more burned out by the last five years than I even realized.
Q: Hi Stephenie, of course, I love the Twilight saga, but I was also blown away by how beautiful and unique your other novel, The Host, was -- so I was wondering: do you have any plans for more books not related to Twilight?
A: I'd like to eventually have The Host be part of a trilogy. That's one of the projects I'd really like to get to in the next year or so.
Check out the rest of the Q&A on Stephenie Meyers website here.

No comments: